(Psst: The FTC wants me to remind you that this website contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase from a link you click on, I might receive a small commission. This does not increase the price you’ll pay for that item nor does it decrease the awesomeness of the item. ~ Daisy)
This year, even though the news says otherwise, everyone I personally know is doing Christmas differently. Folks are cutting back, making less expensive meals, and buying useful gifts as opposed to spending hundreds on frivolous things.
In that spirit, here’s a roundup of articles with gift ideas, holiday preparedness strategies, and frugal food. I hope you find some helpful inspiration within!
Don’t blow your budget wrapping gifts!
Books as gifts
Our entire roster of paperback books is available on Amazon for less than $25 apiece. Here are our options:
First, we have Selco’s three books, which are absolutely incredible assets to your preparedness library:
Next we have The Organic Prepper Anthologies. We’re working our way through the most useful and popular OP content and publishing it in paperback form. Here are the two that are out so far:
And here are my books:
- The Prepper’s Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, and Store Your Most Vital Resource
- The Prepper’s Canning Guide: Affordably Stockpile a Lifesaving Supply of Nutritious, Delicious, Shelf-Stable Foods
- Prepper’s Pantry: Build a Nutritious Stockpile to Survive Blizzards, Blackouts, Hurricanes, Pandemics, Economic Collapse, or Any Other Disasters
- Be Ready for Anything: How to Survive Tornadoes, Earthquakes, Pandemics, Mass Shootings, Nuclear Disasters, and Other Life-Threatening Events
- The Blackout Book: A Quick Start Guide to Handling a Power Outage Like a Boss
- How to Prep When You’re Broke: A Prepper’s Guide to Survival on a Budget
Plus if you have family members you want to break in gently to preparedness, I have two books in the frugality niche.
Other preparedness and survival titles for book lovers
Here are articles with my other book recommendations for the entire family:
I hope these articles and ideas help!
I hope that your holiday is winding up to be filled with peace, love, good food, and good people. I hope that some of the ideas here help you to make this a very prepared and pleasant holiday!
Please share your own prepper or thrifty Christmas ideas in the comments section!
Merry Christmas from all of us here at The Organic Prepper!